This recipe is perfect for a chilly fall or winter day. You get to load up on veggies, and enjoy the coziness of the grilled cheese!
Warm Veggie Salad Bowl
- 1 Medium Russet Potato (washed well & peeled and cut into ¾ inch pieces.
- 5-6 Brussels Sprouts (washed well & cut into fourths)
- 5-6 Organic White Whole Mushrooms (washed well & cut into thin strips, pre-cut is fine also)
- 2 Large Handfuls Spinach
- ½ Red Onion (cut into long, wide hunks)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ½ Tablespoon Rosemary
- ½ Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 2-4 Pieces Veggie Bacon (optional) I like MorningStar brand.
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 Table Spoons Lemon Juice
- 2-4 Tablespoons hot water to thin
- Turn on broiler (you can also bake, but broiling is quicker).
- Place potato pieces and brussels sprouts on baking sheet. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, rosemary, paprika, turmeric (optional) and salt and pepper to taste. Mix together and put in to broil. Stir frequently for 15-20 minutes. Remove when brussels sprouts are ready to eat and potatoes are soft to cut.
- Sautée onions in a large pan with garlic in 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil for about 2-3 minutes, softening the onion pieces. Add mushrooms and cook for another 2-4 minutes. Add salt to taste. Once mushrooms are cooked through add 2 handfuls of spinach and cook until spinach has shrunk and everything is well mixed.
- Combine all Tahini dressing ingredients and stir well.
- Cook 2-4 pieces of veggie bacon until crispy.
- Create individual servings: put potato and brussel sprout mixture in ½ of a small bowl and the spinach and mushroom mixture in the other half for each serving. Add Tahini sauce as desired. Crumble 1-2 bacon pieces over each bowl.
Fancy Grilled Cheese
- Ezekiel Bread (4 slices toasted)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Apple Smoked (Red Apple Brand) Cheddar and Sharp Cheddar (4 (3/4 inch) slices of each)
- Butter the toast on all sides and add thin strips alternating each type of cheese so there are 4 slices for each sandwich.
- Cook on medium heat until both sides of the sandwich are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
What are your favorite meals to make on cold days? Comment below!